We are working on a completely new format for this year’s conference. Attendees will have the opportunity to choose to attend one or more concurrent small group discussions. This will allow attendees to come away with a tangible plan or action items to work on for that group topic. It will facilitate useful discussions and allow those in each small group to ask their questions directly to the group leader(s).
We are pleased to announce the topics for the small group discussions for the 2019 Conference. They are:
- How to write a field plan and communications plan
- Public speaking and press and media relations
- Personal branding – Jil Littlejohn
- Make sure you’re heard: effective communication and negotiation skills for women – Amy Tate
- Starting your campaign: the first steps
- Work-life balance for women
We are also planning concurrent panel discussions which allows us to cover more topics of broad interest to women in public service.
Panel topics include:
- Educating and engaging voters/the public
- Fundraising tips and ideas from traditional to grassroots
- Strategies to address challenges and stereotypes for women leaders
- Our experiences: local elected officials tell their stories
- Our experiences: state elected officials tell their stories
We will post updates with group discussion leaders and panelists regularly.